Name: Sonic the Hedgehog ™ Classic APK
Updated: October 24, 2017
File Size: 48.3 MBs
Downloads: 5,000,000 – 10,000,000
Requirements: 4.0.3 and up
Rating: 4.4 Star
Sonic the Hedgehog APK for the Xbox 360 takes the opposite route. Instead of convincing players that Sonic deserves a second chance, it all but eliminates his chances of a second coming worth remembering. It’s not a total disaster it actually has a few good ideas but several factors sabotage any hopes for a successful transition to the next-generation. It’s a bigger shame than usual because the series holds so much promise. It’s fun blasting through loops and crazy environments at high speeds. For further proof, just boot up one of the original 16-bit games they play just as well as they did years ago. Developers just need to distill the essence of those pioneering titles and update the look of the package. Sonic the Hedgehog Classic APK fails to do just that. If you’ve ever wondered why Sonic looks so familiar, a number of pop culture icons were actually used to influence his design. Naoto Ohshima, the original character designer for Sonic, used Felix the Cat’s head and Mickey Mouse’s body for the basic shape of what would become Sega’s mascot character.
It certainly tries to move the series forward by adding characters and new features, but it neglects the one thing it needs to get absolutely right. And that’s to give players an empowering sense of speed and let them exploit it however they see fit. But it doesn’t. On the contrary, it teases with snippets of gameplay that demonstrate how a true next-generation sonic game would work, but it rips them away as soon as it shows them. These glimpses of hope punctuate the entire experience, making it a truly frustrating experience. At the same time, it’s better than having no redeeming features at all.
Features of Sonic the Hedgehog APK
- The first of these is the ability to control multiple characters. That’s usually a good idea since variety keeps any experience fresh.
- In Sonic the Hedgehog APK, players control a roster of characters from the known sonic universe. This includes Tails, Shadow and a new guy named Silver.
- Every character has unique abilities and controls, which helps keep things varied.
- Sonic the Hedgehog APK characters behave differently and some even have their own chapters in the storyline, but none of them really stands out. Beyond that, most of their unique powers fail to impress. Take the major player, Sonic. He accelerates slowly and only starts going with the help of speed pads on the floor.
- He needs to stop to handle environmental hazards and enemies, and forget about bumping into anything because it yanks him back to zero. Even dedicated players will find themselves trapped in an endless cycle of starting and stopping. It plumb doesn’t feel right.
Download: PES 2017 APK
What’s New in Sonic the Hedgehog?
Again, there’s nothing wrong with implementing new elements into the Sonic the Hedgehog APK universe, it’s just a shame that none of them actually improve the experience. It would actually be better to strip the new content and concentrate on the 2D to 3D transition.
Download: Sonic the Hedgehog Classic v3.1.0 APK